£30,000-£38,000 per annum
Are you ready for something new and challenging?
We are seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer to work within a cross-functional project team environment to design and develop robot based, electromechanical systems for use in factory and process automation.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- New Product Introduction (NPI) methods and practice
- Tolerance analysis and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Preparation of 2D orthographic drawings to BS 8888
- Manual methods of static and dynamic structural analysis
- Electromechanical power, torque & efficiency calculations
- Material science, material properties, application, and selection
- Motor & drive mechanism sizing and selection (stepper, AC & DC servos, gear reducers and belt drives)
- Specification and selection of force and torque sensors, linear and rotary position feedback devices, safety interlock switches
- Precision machining
- Welding & fabrication
- Tooling/test equipment design
Aptitude, Attitudes and Behaviours:
- Inquisitive and curious with ability to identify problems as being technical, systemic or process in nature and able to offer solutions based on system level thinking
- Possess and exhibits a positive outlook and “can do” attitude with the willingness and ability to encourage the same in others
- Exhibits a cooperative and collaborative approach conducive to building high functioning cross-functional team.
- Degree in Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent certification, training, and experience
Years of experience required:
- A minimum of 7+ years of mechanical design experience of which a minimum of 3 years should be in electromechanical design, factory/process automation, motion control or related fields.
Remuneration and benefits:
- Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 (commensurate with accomplishment and experience)
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Career development opportunities
- Free parking
In return Loop can offer the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, a competitive salary (commensurate with accomplishment and experience) and flexible working conditions. The office environment is friendly, open and relaxed and encourages a good team spirit. The work will be varied and interesting.
Applicants must provide a cover note as well as their CV to apply for this position.
If you are interested in the role and would like to know more, please contact Carolyn Smart at email@example.com or call 01305 257108 for an informal chat.
WHATS IT LIKE WORKING AT LOOP?
“Every project is different, designs are innovative and boundaries are continually being pushed. I get to contribute to every stage of the design and build process so it’s very satisfying to see an idea turned into a fully working machine.”
Principal Mechanical Engineer