£36,000- £46,000 DOE
We are recruiting a Software Engineer to join our growing team, working with a wide array of technologies and tools to solve engineering problems in the field of robotics and industrial automation.
Loop Technology is an industrial automation specialist, with our HQ set in the heart of beautiful Dorset. We have many years of experience delivering state-of-the-art solutions to household name companies. We have a world-leading reputation for solving difficult industrial problems, specialising in robotics and the aerospace sector.
We are looking for a multi-skilled Software Engineer who is quick to pick up new skills, and has a ‘knack’ for making things work. The ideal candidate has industrial software experience in an automation setting, backed up with robust understanding of engineering concepts from a STEM degree.
Our products are varied in scope and field. From simple machines processing a dedicated task, to complex customisable cells with many robots, production steps and integrated technologies ranging from cameras, lasers, waterjet cutters and even chainsaws. Our bespoke machinery can be very complex, however it’s vital that it remains easy to use and operate.
As our new Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing software using a diverse codebase:
- Backend software in C# .NET, collecting & processing data from sources such as: 2D/3D vision systems; mathematical modelling & simulation; hardware & software integration.
- Human machine interfaces (HMI) based on the Blazor framework (C#, HTML & CSS), WPF, or more traditional platforms such as Siemens WinCC.
- Machine controls on industrial PLCs, programmed using IEC 61131-3 languages. Utilising advanced functionality to achieve precise motion control, and integrating with the latest fieldbus networks for real-time data transfer.
- Advanced motion control, using real-time C++ to synchronise hundreds of axes.
- Industrial robots, and our own in-house devices, each require in-depth knowledge for commissioning and programming using proprietary languages (KRL, TP, KAREL, G-Code).
This is a role where no two days, or projects, are the same. The successful applicant will have a passion for robotics and automation, be curious & inquisitive, and a natural problem solver. They will work on their own initiative to learn new technologies, and have an eye for detail and design.
This role is predominantly based at the Loop Technology Centre in Dorchester, however some travel will be required to customer sites.
Essential skills and experience
- 2+ years industrial programming experience (C# preferable)
- STEM degree with a solid understanding of engineering concepts
- Passion for learning new skills and solving problems
- Ability to communicate at a technical level, in both written and verbal English
- Able to work on own initiative and autonomously
- Willing and able to travel
Desirable skills and experience
- C# experience (.NET, ASP.NET)
- Experience in engineering environments
- PLC programming (IEC61131-3)
- Embedded programming (C/C++) e.g. ARM Cortex M/ESP32/Arduino
- Experience developing and maintaining full stack web applications
What can we offer you?
- Genuine opportunities to learn, grow and develop
- A flexible working environment
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Occupational sick pay
- Company pension
- A friendly and supportive work environment
- Generous overnight allowance when travelling
To apply for the role please submit a CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Loop Technology is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The company is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, skin colour, marital status, genetic information or parental status. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs.
WHAT'S IT LIKE WORKING AT LOOP?
“The work at Loop is varied and challenging in a friendly and relaxed environment. We have a really supportive team and management provide everything you need to achieve your best. At Loop, new ideas are valued and encouraged, no matter your position or how long you’ve worked here.”