£33,000- £38,000 DOE
We are recruiting a Commissioning Engineer to join our growing team, working with a wide array of technologies and tools to solve engineering problems in the field of robotics and industrial automation.
Loop Technology is an industrial automation specialist, with our HQ set in the heart of beautiful Dorset. We have many years of experience delivering state-of-the-art solutions to household name companies. We have a world-leading reputation for solving difficult industrial problems, specialising in robotics and the aerospace sector.
To support us with our next ambitious and exciting phase of project delivery, we are looking for an inquisitive and curious Commissioning Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will play a supporting role in the design, build, test and ongoing support of automated electromechanical systems and subsystems. They will have hands on skills to build and test designs as required, but will also have advanced diagnostic and commissioning skills. They will liaise with internal and external stakeholders across Workshop, Software and Service/support functions to solve problems to the highest standard.
As Commissioning Engineer, teamwork and communication will be essential to the role. You will collaborate cross-departmentally to deliver technical projects, proactively sharing your skills and experience to provide feedback on areas of concern and suggestions for improvement. Your goal ultimately being to accurately build and test electrical systems, ensure that they are safe for use, and document your processes accurately.
You will be an independent thinker who is able to identify the root causes of electrical and mechanical faults and implement solutions accordingly. In addition, you will also be willing to travel for the purposes of installation of robotic automation systems at client sites.
This role will visit client sites, across a number of different sectors, including defence. As a result, the successful candidate will need to be a British Citizen and be able to obtain security clearance up to Developed Vetting level.
- Qualified to HNC in an electrical-focused course, or electrical apprentice trained, or equivalent level of experience
- Ability to communicate at a high technical level, in both written and verbal English.
- Confident in reading and understanding technical electrical/mechanical drawings
- Willingness, interest, and ability to rapidly learn new technology
- Ability to identify root causes of electrical faults utilising good working practice with industry standard equipment
- Working knowledge and appreciation of health and safety requirements
- Holds a full UK driving license
- Willing and able to travel to customer sites
- Ability to obtain vetted security clearance/DBS checks
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary in line with your experience
- A flexible working environment
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Occupational sick pay
- Company pension
- Free Parking
- A friendly and supportive work environment
To apply for the role of Commissioning Engineer please submit your CV.
We would love to be able to contact all applicants to advise them of the status of their application but, due to the number of applications we receive, we can’t. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of your application, it is likely that you have not been successful.
Loop Technology is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The company is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, skin colour, marital status, genetic information or parental status. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs.
WHATS IT LIKE WORKING AT LOOP?
“Every project is different, designs are innovative and boundaries are continually being pushed. I get to contribute to every stage of the design and build process so it’s very satisfying to see an idea turned into a fully working machine.”
Principal Mechanical Engineer