£38,000- £50,000 per annum DOE
Loop Technology are industrial automation experts, with our HQ set in the heart of beautiful Dorset. Specialising in robotics, and the aerospace sector, we have many years of experience delivering state-of-the-art solutions to household name companies, with a world-leading reputation for solving difficult industrial problems.
To support us with our next ambitious and exciting phase of project delivery, we are looking for an inquisitive and curious Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will work within a cross-functional project team environment to design and develop robot-based, electromechanical systems for use in factory and process automation.
As Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will conceive, develop, and test product designs using 3D solid modelling tools, ensuring that design integrity and compliance with mechanical and subsystem design requirements are maintained. You will also coordinate the work of the project’s mechanical team members, providing design direction, mentoring, and oversight.
You will be a natural communicator, ensuring that you liaise with all relevant stakeholders within the projects to develop and manage system, and subsystem requirements. In addition, you will lead technical peer and cross-functional mechanical design reviews, to ensure that all proposed designs are evaluated against and meet the product design requirements on projects to which they are assigned.
This role is well suited to an active problem solver, who has demonstrable experience delivering effective mechanical designs within factory automation, process automation, motion control and/or robotics.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent certification, training, and experience
- Demonstrable mechanical design experience at a senior level, of which a minimum of five years should be in electromechanical design, factory/process automation, motion control or related fields
- Experience with requirements creation, decomposition, allocation, and validation
- Experience in the creation and maintenance of technical and safety risk registers
- Experienced with bills of Material Structure & Creation
- Experienced with qualification & acceptance testing
- Demonstrable experience with a variety of design and analysis tools and methods
- Ability to manage your own time and prioritise effectively
- Ability to build effective professional relationships with employees at all levels
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills (working language is English)
- Proficiency in the creation of 3D CAD models and assemblies
- Proficiency in the creation of 2D orthographic engineering drawings IAW BS:8888
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
What we can offer
- Competitive salary in line with your experience
- A flexible working environment
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Occupational sick pay
- Company pension
- Free Parking
- A friendly and supportive work environment
To apply for the role of Senior Mechanical Engineer please submit a CV and a covering letter which details how your experience is in line with the advertised role. Please ensure you download the full Job Description.
Loop Technology is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The company is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, skin colour, marital status, genetic information or parental status. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs.
WHATS IT LIKE WORKING AT LOOP?
“Every project is different, designs are innovative and boundaries are continually being pushed. I get to contribute to every stage of the design and build process so it’s very satisfying to see an idea turned into a fully working machine.”
Principal Mechanical Engineer