£30,000-£35,000 per annum
Are you an experienced Design Draughter looking for your next exciting new role?
We are seeking an experienced Senior Mechanical Design Draughter to work within a cross-functional project team environment to design and detail assemblies and components for robot based, electromechanical systems for use in factory and process automation.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to communicate design ideas and concepts through hand sketches
- Excellence in the creation of 2D orthographic engineering drawings IAW BS:8888
- Proficient in the creation of 3D CAD models and assemblies
- Proven ability to manage own time and prioritise tasks based on high level project milestones and objectives
- Excellent interpersonal abilities and proven ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional project environment
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills (working language is English)
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
Aptitude, Attitudes and Behaviours:
- Embraces and practices a system level approach to design throughout the entire development process, from the initial conceptual design to deliverable product.
- Inquisitive and curious with ability to identify problems as being technical, systemic or process in nature and able to offer solutions based on system level thinking
- Possess and exhibits a positive outlook and “can do” attitude with the willingness and ability to encourage the same in others
- Exhibits a cooperative and collaborative approach conducive to building high functioning cross-functional teams
- Readily and freely shares their knowledge with others to increase the capability, expertise performance of the department and its value to the organisation
- HNC in Mechanical, Production, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering. Or, completion of a recognised engineering apprenticeship.
Years of experience required:
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years design and drawing office experience.
- In addition to the design and draughting experience, a significant portion of the above should include hands on machining/workshop experience and/or the manufacture, build, commissioning and testing of equipment.
Remuneration and benefits:
- Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 (commensurate with accomplishment and experience)
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Career development opportunities
- Free parking
- Employee referral bonus scheme
In return Loop can offer the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, a competitive salary (commensurate with accomplishment and experience) and flexible working conditions. The office environment is friendly, open and relaxed and encourages a good team spirit. The work will be varied and interesting.
Applicants must provide a cover note as well as their CV to apply for this position.
Please request the full job description before applying for this position.
If you are interested in the role and would like to know more, please contact Carolyn Smart at email@example.com or call 01305 257108 for an informal chat.
WHATS IT LIKE WORKING AT LOOP?
“Every project is different, designs are innovative and boundaries are continually being pushed. I get to contribute to every stage of the design and build process so it’s very satisfying to see an idea turned into a fully working machine.”
Principal Mechanical Engineer