£40,000- £46,500 DOE
Join the team at Loop Technology
Founded in 1998, Loop Technology specialises in the design, programming, build, and installation of state-of-the-art industrial automation technology. Our client outlines the problem, and we identify a solution. Our passion for innovation and forward thinking has put us on the map in sectors such as aerospace, automotive and renewable energy.
Our core disciplines are in the areas of Machine Vision, Industrial Robotics, and Motion Control, all of which have become vital components in advance automated systems.
Our team work with cutting edge technology daily, and they’re passionate about it. We take great pride in our work, and in the business, firmly believing that the best results can be achieved with great people, who are able to work with genuine autonomy, in a flexible work environment.
To support us with the successful delivery of new and exciting projects, we are looking for an experienced and tenacious Project Engineer with strong Project Leadership skills. Working as part of a small team, you will be an excellent communicator who is self-motivated and able to work to strict deadlines.
As Project Engineer, you will work within a cross-functional project team environment to lead and manage the delivery of highly complex bespoke, robot-based, electromechanical systems for use in factory and process automation. It is crucial that you are inquisitive and curious, with an ability to identify problems and support with the delivery of solutions.
If you love a challenge, this role is ideal, as no two days will ever be the same. A “can do” attitude is essential with the ability to positively influence project reports. The ability to work collaboratively as part of a team is also key to your success in this role.
The role of Project Engineer reports directly into the Project Director. Below is a summary of some of the key requirements of the role:
- Lead the project team to deliver projects on time, to budget, and to the quality expected;
- Prepare, maintain and present project materials in accordance with the Company project management process;
- Liaise with all members of the Projects Department to continually improve, and provide consistency to Loop’s project delivery;
- Act as an ambassador for the Projects Department, promoting and advocating for the team whilst carrying out the responsibilities and duties of the position;
- Generate and maintain all project reporting documentation in accordance with Loop’s project management process;
- Monitor and guide design and technical project milestones and deliverables to ensure project progress;
- Liaise with clients to ensure open communication and satisfaction throughout project delivery;
- Work closely with internal departments to ensure effective management of Company resources and assets;
- Deputise for Project Director as required.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a project management/project engineering role;
- Qualification in project management, or equivalent experience;
- Degree in an engineering related subject;
- Demonstrable experience of managing people at all levels in a project environment;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to build strong, effective relationships both internally and externally, at all levels;
- Ability to manage a busy and changeable workload;
- Proficient with Microsoft applications; Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc;
- Competent in the organisation of project meetings both internally and with high level customer representatives;
- Must be willing to travel on occasion.
Please refer to the full Job Description attached to this page before applying for the role.
What can we offer you?
- £40,000- £46,500 per annum DOE.
- A flexible working environment.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Occupational sick pay.
- Company pension.
- Free Parking.
- A friendly and supportive work environment.
- Based in the beautiful town of Poundbury.
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit your CV and a covering letter either via the website, or to Chelsea Ball at email@example.com
WHATS IT LIKE WORKING AT LOOP?
“Every project is different, designs are innovative and boundaries are continually being pushed. I get to contribute to every stage of the design and build process so it’s very satisfying to see an idea turned into a fully working machine.”
Principal Mechanical Engineer