£35,000- £45,000 DOE
Loop Technology are industrial automation experts, with our HQ set in the heart of beautiful Dorset. Specialising in robotics, and the aerospace sector, we have many years of experience delivering state-of-the-art solutions to household name companies, with a world-leading reputation for solving difficult industrial problems.
To support us in our next ambitious and exciting phase of growth, we are looking for a Mechanical CAD Technician. The primary responsibility of the Mechanical CAD Technician is to provide detailed design and draughting services for assemblies and components used in robot based, electromechanical systems, which are used in factory and process automation. Could this be you?
The successful applicant will have demonstratable experience in design and drawing within an aerospace and/or defense environment. They will have the ability to communicate design ideas through hand sketches, whilst also having experience with creating 2D orthographic engineering drawings, and 3D CAD models and assemblies.
Detailed and process focused, we are looking for someone who has experience with following, generating and maintaining design, modelling and drawing standards along with technical product documentation.
With excellent interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, they shall have proven ability to work in cross functional project environments to reach a satisfactory end solution.
This role is based in Poundbury, Dorchester and may, on occasion, require travel across the UK. If this role is of interest to you, we would like to hear from you.
- Either a HNC/HND in a related discipline, a Level 3 Diploma in Machining, or equivalent and significant manual/CNC machine shop experience.
- Significant years of experience with designing and drawing in an aerospace and/or defence industry.
- Ability to communicate design ideas and concepts through hand sketches
- Excellence in the creation of 2D orthographic engineering drawings IAW BS 8888
- Proficient in the creation of 3D CAD models and assemblies
- Proven ability to manage own time and prioritise tasks based on high level project milestones and objectives
- Excellent interpersonal abilities and proven ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional project environment
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills (working language is English)
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary in line with your experience
- A flexible working environment
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Occupational sick pay
- Company pension
- Free Parking
- A friendly and supportive work environment
To apply for the role of Mechanical CAD Technician please submit your CV.
Loop Technology is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The company is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, skin colour, marital status, genetic information or parental status. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs.
WHATS IT LIKE WORKING AT LOOP?
“Every project is different, designs are innovative and boundaries are continually being pushed. I get to contribute to every stage of the design and build process so it’s very satisfying to see an idea turned into a fully working machine.”
Principal Mechanical Engineer