Commensurate with accomplishment and experience
Are you ready for a fresh and exciting new opportunity?
We are seeking a Mechanical Build Engineer to work with our existing workshop team. The right candidate will have demonstrable experience of building, modifying and fault finding complex mechanical equipment. The role is a varied one with time spent building mechanical systems, testing and setting up alongside Commissioning Engineers and Software Engineers. This will include installing machinery at customer sites.
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Build of complex assemblies
- Reporting of any issues
- Working away at customer sites, including overnight stays, to instal, build and modify machinery and equipment – sometimes at short notice
- Finish all work to a very high standard
- Pay close attention to all elements of Health and Safety and PPE
- Interpret CAD drawings
Essential skills and experience
- Must be proactive and able to adapt to changing situations
- Confident in Drilling, Tapping and Grinding
- High standard of finish with all work
- Working knowledge of all elements of Health and Safety and PPE
- Able to interpret engineering drawings
- Must hold a clean full driving licence
Desirable skills and experience
- Turning and Milling
Due to the bespoke nature of our work, no two projects are the same, our engineers therefore need to have the drive and initiative to be fully engaged in every project and be able to evaluate the best way forward to complete the job. The role will be challenging and rewarding and also provide an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology. Additional training can be provided as necessary.
If you are interested in working at Loop and would like to apply for this position or would like to find out more please email your cover note and CV to Carolyn Smart at email@example.com or call 01305 257108 for an informal chat.
WHATS IT LIKE WORKING AT LOOP?
“Every project is different, designs are innovative and boundaries are continually being pushed. I get to contribute to every stage of the design and build process so it’s very satisfying to see an idea turned into a fully working machine.”
Principal Mechanical Engineer