£25,000- £35,000 DOE
Loop Technology are industrial automation experts, with our HQ set in the heart of beautiful Dorset. Specialising in robotics, and the aerospace sector, we have many years of experience delivering state-of-the-art solutions to household name companies, with a world-leading reputation for solving difficult industrial problems.
To support us in our next ambitious and exciting phase of growth, we are looking for an IT Support Engineer who will be responsible for ensuring that the Company’s IT infrastructure is effective, secure and scalable for growth. Our new IT Support Engineer will be the first line of contact for any IT related issues within the Company and will be responsible for finding suitable solutions to IT related problems. Could this be you?
You should have demonstrable experience working in a commercial setting with a range of desktop PC’s, laptops, and operating systems, along with servers and server operating systems.
Security and risk management will be a huge focus for you, and you will be meticulous with keeping our internal systems secure, and logging any errors or non-conformances appropriately. You will be proactive in your approach to identifying solutions to identified Company risks and general improvements.
The role will be predominantly based in Poundbury, Dorset with the potential to work from home on occasion. Whilst the role will mostly be during ordinary working hours Monday to Friday, the role will require some flexibility to ensure that required updates are carried out at a time when there will be less impact on business operations.
- Previous experience within a similar role is essential.
- Demonstrable experience working with a range of desktop PC’s, laptops and operating systems.
- Experience working with office 365 active directory and exchange servers.
- Experience with setting up and supporting servers and server operating systems.
- Experience with LAN & WAN technologies, including WIFI and VPN
- Experience of having working knowledge of Sharepoint would be preferable.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A good understanding of the principles of the GDPR and how it applies from an IT perspective.
- Great communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Previous experience with writing processes would be an advantage.
- Hands-on approach and willing to learn and progress.
- Good record keeping skills.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary in line with your experience
- A flexible working environment
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Occupational sick pay
- Company pension
- Free Parking
- A friendly and supportive work environment
To apply for the role of IT Support Engineer, please submit your CV.
Loop Technology is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The company is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, skin colour, marital status, genetic information or parental status. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs.
WHATS IT LIKE WORKING AT LOOP?
“Every project is different, designs are innovative and boundaries are continually being pushed. I get to contribute to every stage of the design and build process so it’s very satisfying to see an idea turned into a fully working machine.”
Principal Mechanical Engineer