£30,000-£37,000 per annum
Are you ready for something new and challenging?
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Electro Mechanical Systems Design Engineer to work on robot based electro mechanical, bespoke manufacturing solutions.
The successful applicant will work with the sales, mechanical, electrical, software and project engineers to develop robust cost-effective solutions to a wide variety of bespoke manufacturing systems plus the development of further products in a growing product portfolio.
They will assess customer processes and devise solutions to automate their manufacturing processes. Then work with all of the teams to ensure that technically and commercially viable solutions are developed, they will have a clear functional understanding which will be used to assist in the generation of requirements specifications and a definition of required design validation and supporting documentation.
The applicant will form part of a small team and will be encouraged to suggest and implement continuous improvements to designs and processes.
The main duties included in the role will be:
- Working with sales engineers to propose and review automation solutions, ensuring that core requirements have been met and limitations and risks have been identified.
- Work with project engineers, department managers and lead engineers to assist with the development of specification documentation and creation of a full design specification.
- Take proposed solutions and apply a system design approach, breaking the system into manageable sub-systems or modules that can be sufficiently defined. Ensure that the design can be passed to the relevant departments for further design and development, with clear achievable requirements.
- Identify, and where necessary implement or review, where analytical assessment and documentation of designs or design elements is required.
- Produce or assist in the production of system operating process flow documents to facilitate parallel designing in multiple departments.
- Identify and develop new technologies and processes to offer new manufacturing solutions.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Degree or equivalent training in a relevant engineering discipline (e.g., Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, etc).
- At least 5 years’ experience in bespoke or special purpose machinery design.
- A good understanding of a variety of manufacturing processes and techniques, including machining, welding and 3D printing.
- Experience using 3D design software (Solidworks, Inventor, etc).
- Experience taking designs from concept to commissioning.
- Experience generating system level requirements and applying a structured system design approach.
- Experience applying qualification and acceptance testing to components systems.
- Experience creating and maintaining documents/specifications.
- A proven problem solver.
- A creative and analytical approach to design.
- A good understanding of a variety of manufacturing processes and techniques.
- Good written and oral communication.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio).
- An understanding of or experience using 2D and 3D vision systems.
- Manufacturing process development.
- Knowledge and experience using and conforming to ISO standards.
- Proficiency using Solidworks.
- An understanding of and experience implementing pneumatic and/or hydraulic systems.
- Experience designing and selecting linear drives and motors.
- Experience working with industrial robots.
- An understanding of or experience using PLC control.
- Experience using and/or an understanding of electrical control systems.
- Experience implementing software control (C# ideal).
- Experience using, designing with, or otherwise have knowledge of fibre reinforced composites (carbon fibre) manufacture.
- Experience making materials and time estimates.
In return Loop can offer the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, a competitive salary (commensurate with accomplishment and experience) and flexible working conditions. The office environment is friendly, open and relaxed and encourages a good team spirit. The work will be varied and interesting.
Applicants must provide a cover note as well as their CV to apply for this position.
If you are interested in the role and would like to know more, please contact Samantha Reece at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01305 257108 for an informal chat.
WHATS IT LIKE WORKING AT LOOP?
“Every project is different, designs are innovative and boundaries are continually being pushed. I get to contribute to every stage of the design and build process so it’s very satisfying to see an idea turned into a fully working machine.”
Principal Mechanical Engineer