Commensurate with accomplishment and experience
Are you looking for a new challenge?
We are seeking an Electrical Build Technician to work alongside our existing workshop team. The right candidate will have demonstrable experience of building, modifying and fault finding complex industrial equipment. Our Systems range from small robotic labelling lines to large scale R&D projects for the aerospace industry. If you have experience with this sort of equipment and enjoy varied work where no two days or projects are the same then this could be the role for you. The role also includes working alongside our engineers to install machinery at customer sites, therefore you need to be happy to travel and work away from home, sometimes at short notice.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Build of electrical systems including, building of electrical cabinets and wiring up of peripheral equipment
- Planning and implementing cable routing solutions, trunking and cable lengths on machinery
- Working on customer sites (sometimes alone and for extended periods of time) occasionally at short notice.
- Testing systems according to our standard procedures
- Planning your work and reporting on progress
- Working closely with Commissioning / Software Engineers to set up, test and modify systems
- Finishing all work to a very high standard
- Maintaining impeccable health and safety
Essential skills and experience:
- Qualified to HNC or equivalent level or have completed an Apprenticeship
- Confident in reading and understanding complex electrical drawings
- Have a good understanding of how industrial Systems work, particularly with regard to safety systems
- Working knowledge of all elements of Health and Safety
- Must hold a full UK driving licence
- Articulate and professional in all settings
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Automation experience
- Drilling, tapping and grinding skills
Due to the bespoke nature of our work, few projects are the same, our engineers therefore need to have the drive and initiative to be fully engaged in every project and be able to evaluate the best way forward to complete the job. The role will be challenging and rewarding and also provide an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology. Additional training can be provided as necessary.
Salary is commensurate with accomplishment and experience.
We understand that our ideal candidate may be hard to find, so if you have any doubts as to whether this role is suitable for you or you would like to know more please feel free to contact Carolyn Smart at email@example.com or call 01305 257108 for an informal chat.
WHATS IT LIKE WORKING AT LOOP?
“Working at Loop is like working for a big business but it still has a family feel. The approachability of the directors is something I’ve never experienced working in previous companies”