£25,000-£29,000 per annum
Are you ready for something new and challenging?
The right candidate will have demonstrable experience of building, modifying and fault finding complex industrial equipment. Systems range from small robotic labelling lines to large scale R&D projects for the aerospace industry. If you have experience in this sort of equipment and enjoy varied work where no two days or projects are the same then this could be the role for you. The role also includes working alongside our engineers to install machinery at customer sites, therefore you need to be happy to travel and work away from home, sometimes at short notice.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Build of electrical systems including, building of electrical cabinets and wiring up of peripheral equipment
• Planning and implementing cable routing solutions, trunking and cable lengths on machinery
• Working on customer sites (sometimes alone and for extended periods of time)
• Testing systems according to our standard procedures
• Planning you work and reporting on progress
• Working closely with Commissioning/software engineers to set up test and modify systems
• Finishing all work to a very high standard
• Maintaining impeccable health and safety
Essential skills and experience
• Qualified to HNC or equivalent level or have completed an Apprenticeship
• Confident in reading and understanding complex electrical drawings
• Have a good understanding of how industrial systems work, particularly with regard to safety systems
• Working knowledge of all elements of Health and Safety
• Must hold a full UK driving licence
• Articulate and professional in all settings
Other desirable skills and experience
• Automation experience
• Drilling, tapping, grinding skills
Due to the bespoke nature of our work, few projects are the same, our staff therefore need to have the drive and initiative to be fully engaged in every project and be able to evaluate the best way forward to complete the job. The role will be challenging and rewarding and also provide an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology.
• Flexible working hours
• 30 Days annual leave (including public holidays)
• Overtime opportunities
• Progression opportunities
• Overnight allowance
In return Loop can offer the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, a competitive salary (commensurate with accomplishment and experience) and flexible working conditions. The office environment is friendly, open and relaxed and encourages a good team spirit. The work will be varied and interesting.
Applicants must provide a cover note as well as their CV to apply for this position.
If you are interested in the role and would like to know more, please contact Samantha Reece at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01305 257108 for an informal chat.
WHATS IT LIKE WORKING AT LOOP?
“Every project is different, designs are innovative and boundaries are continually being pushed. I get to contribute to every stage of the design and build process so it’s very satisfying to see an idea turned into a fully working machine.”
Principal Mechanical Engineer